Sunday, September 27, 2009

Busy, Fun Weekend!

We had a busy weekend at the Pavilion with two events with start times only 19 hours apart. I don't know how Kathy does it! We had a great surprise Friday, with Mark showing up for a visit from San Francisco. His parents are celebrating their 60th anniversary this weekend, so congrats to them!And I'm thinking, "Time Warp" here. It's 2009, isn't it? This image is totally 1979 - except for the bald heads, grey hair, extra weight, and wrinkles, but hey - who cares about that stuff when the old gang is back together ? - Johnson, George, Mark and Kevin. Saturday, we had a wedding and reception. Here I just can't pass up the opportunity to take an image of the photographer taking an image. Coincidentally, our bride Mandy is a nurse at Olathe Med where I spend my "first job" time.George is always ready to help keep us going with his great attitude and totally random jokes and stories. After the wedding and reception were over on Saturday, we somehow had enough energy to head over to Touche's to help celebrate Maria's birthday. We we hardly able to catch a word with her because she was on the dance floor the whole night.
Charlie and Valerie came awhile later and enjoyed watching the disco queens (Kathy and I) on the dance floor. I handed my camera to Kevin to hold and did not realize he was snapping away. Fortunately, I have a crop tool, so nothing embarrassing (to me) will turn up here - or on Facebook.George and Joel had a little time to catch up. We also ran into other high school friends, Danny, Jill and Dan. It was an impromptu reunion. What fun!
Here Jill is trying hard to keep up with Kathy.
Happy Birthday, Maria! We sure enjoyed celebrating with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment